Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Challenge: 30 days....to whatever you choose

“ Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is. ”
— Ernest Hemingway


After watching the video at the bottom of this blog I was inspired. And I thought this would be a great plan for me to get to know and bond with my friends & blog readers.

So here's the plan:

30 days of Small Sustainable Change

Its that simple.
30 days to add or remove something from your life. Something small, but sustainable.


Here are some ideas:

  • Take a photo everyday
  • Make a diet/exercise change, but don't weigh yourself for a whole month
  • Walk 10 minutes each day
  • Cook an at-home scratch meal every day
  • Play one-on-one with each child for 10 minutes
  • Eliminate processed sugars
  • Remove the word "can't" "don't" or "&*(*&" from your vocabulary
Basically anything that you can do EACH day for 30 days. 

There's a group of us meeting for dinner tonight to discuss this further. What I'm hearing so far is exciting.....affirmations.

Do you think you could write down something positive about yourself each day?

I think it might be harder than I anticipate.

Challenge:


Design your own 30 day simple and sustainable change

Response:

Tell me about it! Lets inspire each other!

With Love and Light, 
Jess







4 comments:

Claire said...

Okay, Jess. Challenge Accepted. Today I will begin walking for 15 minutes everyday. Thank you for your inspiration :)

Jess said...

Awesome! When are you starting? Will you keep me updated on your progress?
Thanks Claire!
XOXO

Claire said...

I will start tonight when I get off from work at 7. I had thought about putting it off until tomorrow since I have to work later than usual tonight, but why wait. It's only 15 minutes and I will feel awesome afterwards for starting. Plus, there will always be something that can I find for an excuse so this is a way to prove that I can start without making excuses!
I will totally keep you updated! <3

Jess said...

I love your ambition. You're totally right. Every day has SOME sort of excuse to not get started. I'm so happy for you!

You will feel so much better after getting the blood moving when you get home.
XOXO

Post a Comment

Please wait a moment for your comment to be published. It needs to be approved by a moderator.